- To your right is the first look at Gary Oldman as George Smiley in Tomas Alfredson’s (‘Let The Right One In’) adaptation of John Le Carre’s ‘Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy.’
- The ’80s anime ‘Bubblegum Crisis’ about a gang of female mercs raging against the robot army of the GENOM Corporation is being turned into a Live Action 3-D film directed by Anthony La Molinara. The film will be a truly international venture as production is being spread across Canadian, Chinese, English, Australian and Japanese companies.
- Tim Burton’s long talked about reimagining of ‘Dark Shadows’ starring Johnny Depp will finally start shooting next April.
- Zack Snyder insists that his ‘Superman’ will be different from previous films and that General Zod most definitely will not be the villain.
- Stephen Sommers is planning an adaptation of Dean Koontz’s ‘Odd Thomas’ book about a psychic cook who gets into (mis)adventures in the small town where he lives. The budget is set at $47 million. [via ComingSoon]
- Andrew Niccol’s (‘Gattaca) new sci-fi film starring Justin Timberlake, Amanda Seyfried, Cillian Murphy and Alex Pettyfer about a world where years of life have become the new currency has been retitled from ‘I’m.Mortal’ to ‘Now.’