Archive | April, 2009

Gameloft Continues to Grow

Mobile game publisher, Gameloft, announced Q1 earnings yesterday and their business is growing nicely.

The French gaming firm singled out the “strong performance” of its iPhone games, as well as “solid sales” of Java and Brew games, as helping boost mobile games sales 21% in the first quarter.

Company spokesperson Anne-Laure Descleves said that sales of Java and Brew games, usually played on traditional feature phones, rose 6% compared to the same period last year. Overall, Gameloft reported sales of 30.8 million euros ($40.8 million) in the first quarter of 2009, an increase of 22% from the previous year.

Mobile games accounts for 94% of the company’s annual sales, meaning that the company earned 28.95 million euros ($38.4 million) from mobile games. Console games made up the remaining 6%. Sales of games were spread evenly in its different territories, with Europe accounting for 35% of sales, North America making up 37%, and the rest of the world bringing in the remaining 29%.

North America was Gameloft's strongest growth region, with sales up 57% in Q1.

Posted in Mobile PhonesComments (0)